Here is the inspiration for some of the cousin photos taken at Westy's birthday party a couple of weeks ago:
Compare: Mike was six, but he and Westy have similar blonde hair and blue eyes. I've been looking for the picture above for years and years. I found it and some other pictures from the same era (Stone Age) in my hunt for a patriotic-ish basket Annie asked to borrow for a project at work. Thanks, Annie, for asking just at the right time for me to decide to look in an ignored box in the storage room. I'll post more of the Lost Photos of the '50s and '60s in future blogs, and explain why they were considered "lost". Fascinating story. Ha!

1 comment:
I love it!!! Mike couldn't quite play along in that shot, could he? There's always one kid doin' his own thing... or 4 as in the case of the Westy/Miles/E/O shot!
Post a Comment