
Today is the final class day of Larry/Dad/Paco's illustrious career as a Professor of Chemistry at Gustavus Adolphus College. Let's not forget that he started as an Assistant Professor, was promoted to Associate Professor, and topped out at full Professor (should that "f" be capitalized??) I wish I had the first Gribly picture of Larry/Dad; I don't, but here is the most recent. I'm pretty sure he still has this sweater, but the glasses frames have been replaced.
So raise a beaker and drink a toast (or just have a piece of toast) in honor of Professor Lawrence W. Potts, who has devoted his entire career to teaching young minds (some of whom have seemed out of theirs) and who continues to remain enthusiastic about teaching, research, and learning. Oh, don't think it's been all sunshine and roses, though; Larry is fed up with the bullshit, and there's been plenty of it between 1972 and 2008. So good-bye bullshit and hello AARP. It's time to retire.Larry, I love you, and I'm proud of the good work you've done throughout your career at Gustavus. I look forward to your retirement and the promises you've made to cook and clean and become a house-husband. Lord knows it's about time the furniture got a good dusting.
5 comments:
Oh NO..cooking and cleaning...!! It's not to late to change your mind...is it?? Dave G.
Well, I've got tears in my eyes. this is very sweet. I'm raising a beaker of pinot grigio to you and your career, Larry. God knows that those kids are cooking up in their home labs; let's hope some of it is legal. As for the cleaning, just spray a little Pledge in the air around the door. It will fool them every time. I don't have a good idea for the cooking. Pull a Domino's pizza out of the oven a couple times a week???
I see I have a few "typos" in my comment. Whoops.
I've got some misty eyes, too. You love dad! I always knew it...
Can we add "babysit" to the list of things for dad to do in retirement? Miles is waiting!
Way to go, dad! Sounds like mom has big plans for your retirement! :-)
Post a Comment