This weekend, eight tugs came at once, all of them from not-the-usual locations. Annie's thread stretched all the way to Florida, where she was attending a conference and having a reunion with Aunt Mary and Cousin Matt. It's almost the anniversary of Molly's accident and death; Annie's presence lightened Mary's and Matt's hearts.
Charlie and Angie took their threads to Fargo, ND, and carried them 26 miles to finish the Fargo Marathon. So Far to Go. Congratulations Chuck and Aunchie! We can't wait to read your blog accounts of the race!
Today, Elisabeth, Evan, and Hannah were pulling their threads to San Diego, and I imagined tugs as they flew from NC to CA, where Evan will be attending a conference, and Elisabeth and Hannah will visit a friend and talk to the animals at the San Diego Zoo.
Tanner and Miles didn't stray too far from O-Town, bringing their threads to St. Peter to stay overnight with Grandma Doreen and Grandpa Dave, then entertaining Grandpa Larry and me this afternoon before heading home to greet Annie.
Eventually all eight threads will return to their usual locations. In the meantime, I'm remaining hyper-vigilant for even the gentlest tug.
"Let me tell you a little secret, Miley..."
3 comments:
It looks like Miles is scolding the photographer for interrupting his intellectual conversation with his grandpa. I love this picture!
This is so sweet, Mom. We miss you and love you very much!
Yes mama, you are very sweet. I promise not to tug at my string too hard....Lord knows I've done plenty of tugging over the years :)
I love you.
Post a Comment