Monday, September 7, 2009

In need of sympathy

Ever since Dad/Larry/Grandpappy stubbed his toe (make that his entire FOOT!) yesterday, I have sensed that he's wanted more attention than he's gotten so far. Of course, the email he sent to our kids was pretty clear evidence. Thanks, Charlie, for the great link to the video of Bernice and Joy in their Hoveround (unfortunately, I'm having trouble adding a link here). We've got one on order, and Dad has a ticket to view the Grand Canyon next week.

Here's his toe and surrounding bruise:
Here are some Dad quotes from this afternoon. There have been a lot of whimpers, too, but I'll leave those out.

"I keep having recurring thought about running into furniture. When I get up and walk around I’m very tentative so I don’t injure my toe again."


"Now if I had one of those little scooters I wouldn’t have to worry about running into something with my feet because there are bumpers in the front of those."

5 comments:

Teresa Saum said...

OUCH!!!

apg said...

Hey d-ad: while you're moping around, pick up the clippers and snip off that straggly nail on your littlest toe.

Charlie Potts said...

And you guys thought my toenails were gross?!?

lljone said...

It could be worse, Larry! You could have tripped, smashed into an end table, and fractured 3 ribs! My dad can show you how to do that! I hope your foot is better soon.
Cuz

espd said...

OMG that's awful! Love the comments, though...classic Paco. :-)