Sunday, September 6, 2009

A September Sunday

What a perfect early fall day. This morning Dad/Larry/Grandpappy and I took a little tour of Henderson, MN, and back roads between there and home. Cornfields are shimmery with green, gold, and deep mauve at this time in September, and there is a lot of corn to see in Le Sueur County.

Here at home, close-up inspection of the remaining flowers in the side garden by the garage and in the hosta bed reveal the work of hungry bugs, who seem to have taken hole-punchers to the plants. I found a few spots where flowers and leaves are still in good shape. How bugs choose one hosta over another, I haven't a clue, as you can see by the nearly ungnawed shiny green leaves below. Other hostas only a couple of feet away have leaves that look like Swiss cheese.



The mums in the pot are hole-free, since they've been
in the sun room
until today. Thank you again,
E, E, and h for las flores.


A friendly beetle of some sort


Here he is again.


Back to laundry and vacuum cleaning. Where are the Merry Maids?

1 comment:

Teresa Saum said...

Pretty flower pictures, Jill! I hate to see this summer end for a lot of reasons...flowers are one!