Just this minute I realized I've entered a retirement crisis that has sent me on a spending spree. Nope, not a convertible like a friend who is retiring thinks he should buy to use as the family car, even though that would be fun. Here's the story of my e-spree...
A few weeks ago I purchased a Flip Ultra HD camcorder, which I love. I saved 50 bucks by being a smart shopper. By the way, little kids are adorable on video!
A few weeks ago I purchased a Flip Ultra HD camcorder, which I love. I saved 50 bucks by being a smart shopper. By the way, little kids are adorable on video!
Tonight I loaded my virtual shopping cart with a 13" MacBook Pro, which has an aluminum uni-body enclosure, back-lit keyboard, 10 hour battery, and the other other computer stuff like a hard drive and an operating system and details best left to people with techier brains than I have.
In addition to the cool computer and an education discount, I had the option of buying an 8gb iPodtouch and getting a 100% rebate on it. The limited gigabyte level tells me I'll have to keep my music selections down around 1750 songs and put on no more than 10,000 photos. By comparison, if I were to invest in the 64 gb version ($200 more out of my own pocket), I could upgrade to 14,000 songs, 90,000 photos, and 80 hours of video. I'd have to be the Library of Congress to need that much space. By the way, Apple refers to this device as "the funnest iPod ever". Like, that's just the goodest news I've had in ages!
My all-time favorite electronic device, one that seemed impossible ten years ago when I first heard about the concept, is the Kindle. My Kindle in particular. Ten years ago I scoffed (yes, scoffed!) at the idea of an electronic book. I'd be the last one on the planet to fall victim to futuristic book devises, by gum. Oops, I scoffed too soon. Wouldn't be without it now! I've had it for about a year, so it doesn't actually qualify for the e-spree I've been on, but it counts from a "never thought I'd own one of these" perspective.




3 comments:
It sounds like you've had a great shopping spree! Have fun with your new hi-tech wonders! You've inspired me to go shopping for a new laptop!
Let me know when you're going e-shopping again and I'll email you my list.
:)
xoxoxo
APG-
I hear Play It Again Sports has some great deals on used hockey helmets. Mom can hook ya up.
Post a Comment