There's more to the story of this fun day with 15 family members eating brunch on the patio at Patrick's Bakery and Cafe in Edina (Thanks Mary for letting me know about this great place!). There were 11 adults (we miss you, Evan), 2 toddlers and 2 nearly-toddlers. Included in the adult contingency were 3 pregnant women carrying a total of 4 future grandchildren. A crowd indeed. Until I get some photos from Janet, you'll just get the scoop on what's been going on since Grandpappy, Hannah, and I returned to St. Peter.
Some things you might have overheard if you'd been with us this evening...
At the gas station: "Mommy and Daddy do that (pump gas). I'm only 3. I'm too little to do that."
"Why is everybody not here eatin' dinner?" I asked her who should be here, and Hannah named everyone else that would normally be at the table if our entire family were present.
Trying to figure out what "dominocitos" are. The most we could find out about this mystery treat is that they have it at school. She settled for Cheerios de colores.
"I'll do it." (repeated about 50 times)
"We have a lot of stools at my house."
"I need some privacy."
"We have a lot of stools at my house."
"I need some privacy."
Here are some pics to show you the actividades so far...
Grandpappy reads the classic Pigs Love Potatoes while Hannah
wears plastic scoops of ice cream (helados) on her feet.
Hannah, sporting a Cheerio de color on her nariz
She trained Grandpa to put Cheerios on his nose, too.
Hannah and Ira took a peek at the little eggs in the bird's nest that an enterprising birdie built in the hanging plant outside the front door.
Something just isn't right here. We're trying to decide if
the mama birdie is a promiscuous type or whether
a second mama bird stopped by to lay one of her eggs.
Speaking of nests, Ira is cozy in the nest of a cradle that Sandy gave to Hannah and Miles to use for their animal friends. Melanie was the original owner of the cradle, which means Elisabeth played with it when she was a little girl. So fun to have a special place for Ira and Rosie to take naps!
That's all for now... time to read, brush teeth, read some more, and snuggle in for the night.

4 comments:
Thanks for the great post! Glad you're having so much fun... Hannah is one lucky grandbaby!
I think I can act as a translator for the mystery word. She's likely saying, "Dormiloncito" (sleepyhead), which is a favorite book from Katelijn, her babysitter. It's in her penguino backpack and can be read in English, Espanol, or both. :-)
I hope Grandma Jill and Grandpa Larry get some much-deserved rest tonight. Thanks for everything!
xoxo
p.s. I like the new blog background. Appropriate for a day like today!
Oops! I'm "Anonymous"
Probably a cowbird. Check it out.
I haven't a clue as to a possible translation but I look forward to hearing all about it soon. I couldn't help noticing you mentioned potential for four grandbabies. Have I missed something?
I'm glad you all enjoyed Patrick's. Yum!
Post a Comment