As Charlie says, "grandmas don't need offices." I couldn't have said it better. You are so onto something bigger and better. Everyday when you awake you will find yourself uttering or murmuring, shouting or exclaiming, "I don't have to go to work!" It's a glorious feeling and I can't wait till you notice the pattern of how it feels to not have "that schedule!"
Poignant that you thought to take a picture of the empty office. I can't wait until I can take a picture of my empty office, Jill! You come up and we'll crack a bottle of champagne over the...something! I think I'm mixing my celebrations, but what the heck.
6 comments:
I didn't know there were bookshelves behind/under all of those books!! Kind of sad...but also exciting...
Wow! It clearly took lots of hard work to clean up years of lots of hard work. :-) Congratulations, Mama!
It's bitter-sweet, isn't it, Dear. It sure looks empty. But there's a lot to look forward to, also.
Did they ask you to vacuum clean the room? New cost-saving idea!
Just a temporary office in a temporary building, right? :)
Don't worry - grandmas don't need offices.
As Charlie says, "grandmas don't need offices." I couldn't have said it better. You are so onto something bigger and better. Everyday when you awake you will find yourself uttering or murmuring, shouting or exclaiming, "I don't have to go to work!" It's a glorious feeling and I can't wait till you notice the pattern of how it feels to not have "that schedule!"
Poignant that you thought to take a picture of the empty office. I can't wait until I can take a picture of my empty office, Jill! You come up and we'll crack a bottle of champagne over the...something! I think I'm mixing my celebrations, but what the heck.
Post a Comment