Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Intermission

As a break from the ongoing kitchen story, let me take you back a few days in time.....doo do doo do, doo do doo do.... It's late Sunday afternoon at the MSP airport. Elisabeth, Vivi, and Hannah have said given their hugs, thrown smoochy kisses, and shouted their good-byes to Gpappy. 

As Gpappy got in the car to drive off and circle around while I accompanied the chicas to get checked in, we noticed Al Franken coming toward us on his way into the ticketing area. Elisabeth mumbled, "Should I take a picture?", knowing that Dad/Larry/Gpappy would love one.  The timing was wrong, but it worked a few minutes later when Al was in line. At that very moment, Vivi spied the escalator and took off toward it. I went after her while Hannah "posed" so E could surreptitiously take the senator's picture. I caught Vivian before she disappeared, so all was well.


I know that some readers of this blog have had celebrity sightings at the airport. Larry/Dad/Gpappy and I saw Jerry Garcia (pre-1995) carrying his guitar case, and we've seen Ken Barlow (as M.O. would say, "the walking overcoat). I guess we need to travel more often. 

Back to the kitchen. 


2 comments:

espd said...

Ha ha ha! I was on a flight with Jerry Garcia. Was that the same sighting? I seem to recall that was in the days when you could walk back to the gate to drop off/pick up passengers. Hope dad enjoyed the photo of Al!

Larry said...

Don't forget the sighting of Warren Moon, new quarterback of the Vikings back in the late 90s. His real name is "Moron Woon", and Warren is just a stage name. He told me at the baggage claim.