Kris: "I'd really like us to read the book Twilight. A girlfriend recommended it and she says it's great."
The rest of us: "What's it about, Kris?"
Kris: "Vampires."
Us: "Ha ha ha. Maybe some other time."
This went on for a couple of months, and finally we gave in to Kris's threats. Er, to her wishes. Kris and Mary are waiting for #4, and I think Deb has #3 to read yet, too. The characters are intriguing and Meyer writes well. Yet, I don't know what compels me to read these books! Readers are in their teens, 20's, and 30's. And then there are four 50-something women who have fun discussing books about "good" vampires who go to high school and resist sucking blood from humans. Did I mention the werewolves?
Oh dear. There's a movie coming out in November...
3 comments:
I have to say I had no desire to read this book. Jill suggested it so I gave it a try and now it is hard to put down. The reader is always left questioning something or wanting to know more.
My cousin's wife Sherry carried this with her everywhere this week. She said she resisted it but loves it. She and her daughter are going to B&N at midnight to get the next book.
Seriously?
Post a Comment