Monday, July 7, 2008

One-Eyed Lar

Enough with the video uploading for a while. Next time it should be easier, or at least I hope so. I could forget everything before then.

Aunt Mare sent me a little gift today in the mail. A week or so ago I mentioned that I was disheartened to receive a "fly eye" to protect my left eye after cataract surgery rather than the expected pirate patch. Seems as if Mary Jo's ophthalmologist is more of a Captain Jack type than Billy Horton (my eye surgeon), as he bestowed her with traditional pirate patches after her cataract surgeries last year. You've figured it out: she sent me a pirate patch as consolation. What a nice sister!

Before I even had the opportunity to try on the patch, Dad/Larry/Paco/Grampa claimed it. It's much sportier on him than it would be on me, so I concede and he can wear it whenever he feels the urge to say "Arrgghhhhh!"

"Ahoy, matey! Shiver me timbers."

3 comments:

Charlie Potts said...

Your doctor goes by "Billy"? Yikes. Does he wear cut-off jean shorts and dress socks with his tennis shoes? (I'm not sure why the name Billy would evoke such images, but the point is I am making fun of his decision to use a kid's nickname).

Also, to make sure Paco wasn't making a rude exclamation, I looked up "shiver me timbers." Here's the info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiver_my_timbers

Teresa Saum said...

Your eye doctor's name is Billy Horton? Cool! I see Charlie had the same thought. Like those local guys who go by Tubby and Windy and Bubba when they're 59 years old.

Anonymous said...

Ahoy, Windy!