Last Saturday Annie and I went to the nail salon in River Hills Mall for much-needed pedicures and our general amusement. Customers and clients alike provide good entertainment. We were assigned to pedicure chairs right away--no waiting. As I watched the foot tub filling with swirling warm water, I noticed bits and pieces of something spinning around. When I put my feet in the tub, I could feel those bits and pieces on my skin. I don't know what they were, but if you've ever had a pedicure, you've seen the stuff the pedicurist shaves off people's feet. I decided to go into a trance and not think about it.
Annie had a design painted on her big toes by the talented person working on her feet. It turned out great, as you can see in the photo.
The first clue that this would not turn out as anticipated was, of course, the foot bath with floaty things in it; the second clue was the fluorescent orange polish the pedicurist opened. By the time she'd covered the two toenails in flowers that nearly flowed over onto my skin, added accent colors and five teeny, glittery jewels on each big toenail, I was back in a trance again. Annie was biting her tongue to keep from laughing. She treated me to the pedicure, perhaps out of pity. That was my last pedicure experience for a while. We're ready for a new microwave, anyway.
PS: To respond to Annie and Teresa, here's the toe-- although the photo makes it look better than in reality. The orange color was truly psychedelic. The left nail was worse. Hard to see all the jewels, but you can see the glitter, which I'd put out of my mind, no doubt when I was in one of those trances.
3 comments:
Why no picture of the gaudy toe job?
Yeah - where's the picture of your toe, Ma? I know you have one because I TOOK IT! (the picture, not your toe.)
I am still confident that the floaty things you saw and felt in the water were bath salts. If you tell yourself that, you'll feel much better.
xoxoxo
Mom, you can always plead blindness in one eye as your defense for the toe design. :-0 It's actually pretty cute!
Post a Comment