Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day 3: Floor time, part 2

It's been fun having breakfast each morning in the sun room campground.


10:00
Trevor is here to grout the floor. First stop, bathroom again. I have to surmise that he drinks coffee from the time he gets up, while he drops off his little boy at daycare, and on his drive to St. Peter from the New Ulm area. 

After ESPD noticed the boombox in one of the pictures I posted a few days ago, I told her that standard equipment for worker-mans (at least those in south-central MN) includes an old boombox, which is set to a country western station or one that blasts 80's music. Trevor is a country kind of guy, and he keeps the volume moderate. 

NOON
The grouting is done and it looks very good. Trevor is cleaning up, and plans to go to Mankato to pick up something he needs to finish up this afternoon after the grout sets for a few hours.

While he was working in the kitchen and Dad/Larry was getting the riding mower ready to do some oak leaf pick-up from the back yard, I took a quick trip to the school district office to fill out some insurance forms. As a side note, I'd mailed them last week, and when the envelope arrived at the school, all of four blocks from here, it was empty. Eeek!  

My short visit involved conversations with  Colleen B., Lisa C., and Annette E. in the HS office, then Nancy K., Shirley N., Cheryl W., and finally Tim R. (my destination) in the administrative offices. On my way down the hall I chatted with Dave K. about his girls and with Corrine K. about her son. Ten minutes of time became nearly 45 minutes. And at leat three of them mentioned Charlie -- seeing him at a meeting this morning or being glad to have him on the school board.

I have to take one more piece of information to the office, but I'm pretty sure I'm sending Larry/Dad to do it. He will have fun renewing old acquaintances or trying to figure out who people are that he hasn't seen for years!

4:00
The flooring guy finished the grout, replaced the baseboard pieces in the hallway, and finished a couple of other odds and ends. The floor looks great, but a picture won't show anything different than the one I took yesterday, so here's something cuter to look at! 

E and O were excited to see Grandpappy sweeping up leaves with the riding mower this afternoon. As soon as he turned it off, they hopped on and had some fun.




The boys checked out the empty kitchen and were mostly interested in discovering where we had put the refrigerator because they wanted some juice. First things first.
 

Thanks Charlie and Angie for a yummy supper. The only thing better than going out for supper and not having to cook is being invited for a delicious homemade dinner and not having to cook!

2 comments:

lljone said...

Cute pictures! It looks like Ethan has grown since I saw him in February!

Tanner G. said...

I may need to borrow the rider...seriously. Oh, and good luck with the remodel.

Tanner